Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Vintage Marketplace

Last Friday, I took a drive out to Rainbow, CA.  For those of you who have never heard of the town called Rainbow, you are not alone.  Apparently, neither has my GPS.  It is located north of Fallbrook and south of Temecula.  Every quarter, they host an event called The Vintage Marketplace and they have a gathering of 40 or so vendors who sell vintage, handcrafted and repurposed wares.  Sort of like a flea market but much nicer things.


The drive was easy and the weather was actually very nice.  The event was held outdoors so it was definitely time to haul out my SPF 50 sunscreen and hat but still chilly and breezy that many people wore jackets.  

Here are a few pictures of the booths and treasures I found at the Vintage Marketplace.


Some days, I want a pink Vespa.  And on other days, I want an aqua bicycle with a basket in front just like this one.


Love these necklaces!  This booth offered classes on soldering jewelry too.


I really wanted to take home this chair.

Here's some vintage French hymnals.


And check out these Eiffel Towers!  I've gotta make myself a few of these to festoon my sewing room.


The next event will take place on June 1st and 2nd.  You can check them out on Facebook for more information.  I also took a flyer for Glitterfest, which will take place on March 10th.  I have never been to this but a few of the vendors from the Vintage Marketplace will also be vending at this event.

And finally, meet my hedgehog pal Hammie.  


I feel silly naming a pillow (like what am I, 12?)  But it just seemed like this little cutie warranted a name.  Hammie is part of the panel I purchased a couple of weeks ago (see previous blog entry).  So Hammie will take residence in my sewing room (which will soon be overdecorated and overcluttered if I don't cool it).








No comments:

Post a Comment