Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Couldn't Help Myself

My nephew and his wife are having their second baby and I found this super cute panel for a baby quilt.  It was super easy to make.  All I did was serge the panel and backing together, turn it inside out and top stitch around it.


I just love all these little forest animals.  Soooo cute!  And the flannel is soooo soft.



And there was a separate panel to make these soft toys.  Here's an owl, a bird, a leaf, mushroom and acorn.


Oh, there was also a hedgehog but I think I'll make that for myself to keep me company in my sewing room ;-)

I also made this infant seat cover.  It ties onto the handle of an infant seat to shade the baby from the sun or give the sleeping baby a little bit of privacy while he sleeps.


By the way, I took this picture at Target (since I don't have an infant seat just laying around) and wanted to make sure the size was just right.  

Oh, and I can't wait to meet the baby this Sunday.






2 comments: