Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A 30s String Quilt

String quilts were very popular in the past and they are an easy way to use up scraps to make a quilt.



I started this project maybe 9 or 10 years ago.  I don't really recall exactly when I started this but I took a class taught by my friend Marcia when she was teaching at Leah's.



I have a HUGE collection of 30s fabrics and cut them into strips and sewed them unto muslin.  I love 30s fabrics.   Here's a close up of some of the fabrics I used. There's Little Bo-peep...


And here's Alice in Wonderland...


And here's some puppy prints....


I finally pulled this quilt from the back of my closet and decided to finish it once and for all.  Here's the finished quilt.


I had it quilted at Bear's Quilt shop and it will be given to a family friend in Xiamen,China.
Here's the back of the quilt.  I hope you can see the large rose quilted design.








No comments:

Post a Comment