Friday, August 2, 2013

Pretty Little Blue Birds Sing Me a Song

Long name for a quilt but I like it better than "Berries and Bluebirds".  It sounds like a children's rhyme.  Maybe that's why I like it.  It could also be the first line of a song.  Anyway, I am so glad that it is finally quilted, bound and done!



So, I guess I need to start another applique project.  But wait!  I still have a few other things to complete.  

Here is my UFO list:

1. Start quilting my fall quilt (Abundance). It's already basted so hopefully, I can get this completed by the end of October.  


2.  Finish my rose pillow.  This is a project from my crochet class.



3.  Finish Diamond quilt top from Kaffe Fassett workshop. This has been in the design phase since last October.  I think need help with this because I am over analyzing and obsessing over the color placement.


Goodness gracious!  I've got too many hobbies!!!  Not to mention my new obsession with cross stitching.  

It all started because I found a boatload of patterns on Pinterest and wanted to try a small project or two such as these.



Before I knew it, I was tackling on a much bigger project.  Since I don't drink, I can't blame it on Tequila.  Here's a sneak peek.


To be continue...

2 comments:

  1. Your work is so beautiful Gigi! I remember when we were in the SWW group and I think you were just starting to get serious about quilting. It is amazing how your talent has developed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and congratulations on your goo news! I'm so excite for you!!!

      Delete